File Store Integration (for Enterprise)
RSpace can be configured to work with various institutional File Systems. If your Lab uses some kind of a shared drive or dedicated server for storing the files, then there is a good chance that you’ll be able to access and link these files from RSpace documents.
In RSpace we distinguish between:
- File System – which is a representation of remote file server or shared drive. Connection between RSpace and various File Systems is configured globally by System Administrator
- Filestore – which is a saved location on a File System, like a bookmark or a shortcut. Filestores are set up individually by users, that’s because each user have usually a different set of locations they want to access
As an RSpace user you can create a link to one or more Filestore(s), then be able to browse files and insert links from these stores into RSpace documents.
If your RSpace is configured to work using institutional Filestores you’ll see additional button in RSpace Gallery. Clicking on the button will open Filestores page, where you can manage and browse your Filestores.
Setting up a new Filestore
To use institutional File Systems in RSpace you need to create a Filestore first. To create a new Filestore:
- Navigate to Filestores Gallery and click on ‘Add’ button
- (only if multiple File Systems are configured) select a File System for your new Filestore
- (only if not logged in yet) provide your credentials for a given File SystemLogin dialog (if not yet logged in)
- Browse the file tree and find a folder that should be a starting point for your Filestore, then select its checkbox
- Name your new Filestore
After that your Filestore is added in ‘My Filestores’ section:
Browsing a Filestore
When on a Filestore Gallery page just click on the name of your saved Filestore.
Inserting Filestore link into RSpace document
To insert a link into a document:
- When editing a document use ‘Insert from Gallery’ button‘Insert from Gallery’
- Navigate to ‘Filestores’ Gallery and select a Filestore from ‘My Filestores’ list (you can also add a Filestore at this stage, as described in ‘Setting up a new Filestore’ section)Selecting a Filestore
- (ony if not logged in yet) provide your credentials for a given File SystemLogin dialog (if not yet logged in)
- browse the file tree to find a file you want to insert, select its checkbox, click on ‘Insert’ buttonSelecting the file
The Filestore link will be added to the document:
Downloading file from a Filestore
When you are viewing a document and you click on a Filestore link, the file will be streamed to your browser so you can save it on your local drive. The file can be also downloaded by clicking on a file name when browsing the Filestore in the Gallery.
Deleting a Filestore
After selecting a Filestore click on “Delete” button. That will remove the Filestore from Gallery view, but the links in documents created with this Filestore will still work.
Delete Filestore button is active after selecting the Filestore