After putting information into RSpace, it’s important to be able to get it out again. There are a two main export options in RSpace: you can export either some or all of your own work, or, if you’re in a LabGroup, your PI can export your entire group’s work.
Exporting a selection of your work from the Workspace
- In the Workspace, browse or search to show a desired selection of files (including a single file), then click in the checkboxes at the left of the files you wish to select for export.
- Clicking on the first checkbox reveals the sub-menu of file management options, which will be applied to your whole selection. Choose the Export option in the sub-menu to bring up the Export dialog.
- Select an export format, then click on Next. There are different options to configure dependent on the type of export file format you choose – see Export Formats for further information about export file types and how to choose between them. You also have the option to export to a Dataverse repository with our Dataverse Integration, which requires setup.
- The next screen allows you to specify details of your exports; it will depend on the format chosen (Export Formats). As an example, a .ZIP HTML bundle has been chosen. Click Export to confirm.
- You will get a notification that your export request has been received. When the export is ready, you will be notified. Click on the notification icon to access it.
- If you've chosen HTML or XML as a format, the export notification will contain a link that will trigger a download of the exported files when clicked. If you've chosen PDF or DOC as a format, the notification will contain a link to the Exports section of the Gallery tab. You can download the export by selecting its checkbox, and clicking on 'Download' in the side-panel (as displayed below).
Exporting a selection of your work from the Gallery
From 1.47, you can export items and folders from the Gallery as well as the Workspace. The process is similar to that of exporting a selection of your work from the Workspace; the only difference is that you have to select the documents through the Gallery tab.
Exporting all of your work
- If you want to export all of the work you have produced, go to My RSpace:
- Then click on the right arrow until you can see the Export-Import button and click it:
- In the resulting page, click on Export all my work and choose the format (more information in Export Formats). If you choose HTML or XML, all of your documents, notebooks and attachments will be included in the export. Exporting also preserves external links with their source paths, and, for PDF exports, a footer table is generated with details of the full path for each included link.