The Lab Admin Role
New LabGroup members have the role of 'User' by default: they can easily share or contact their group members. However, they are not able to edit the LabGroup. As PI of the group, you can delegate group management tasks by changing the roles of some members to LabAdmin.
- Can add and remove group members, and edit the group page
- Can't see all group members' work by default (this can be changed, see below)
You can appoint as many Lab Admins as you like.
Making a User a LabAdmin
As a PI, you can upgrade a user to LabAdmin:
- Navigate to My RSpace > My LabGroups
- Under Members, select Change Role for the appropriate user
- Select LabAdmin
- You can also specify whether you want the LabAdmin to have permissions to view all members' work.
- Click on OK
- The user's role is updated to LabAdmin. You can change the user's role, or change their LabAdmin view permissions, using the same process.