The PI Role
RSpace’s PI role is intended to represent the leader of a lab, a course leader, or anybody with responsibility for other people’s work. PIs can create their own content, just as a regular user can, but in addition can:
- Add and remove users from their group
- Alter roles of people within their group
- Organise content that is shared within the group
- View content created by group members: group members’ work is automatically shared with the PI
- Create collaboration groups with other PIs
- View and search the audit trail for work performed by group members
- Export and archive their group’s work
These features are documented in:
- Collaboration Groups
- Viewing and Organising Shared Group Content
- Exporting a LabGroup’s Work
- other articles in the PI documentation
Much of the day-to-day work and most of their powers and permissions can be delegated to LabAdmins (see The Lab Admin Role).
Viewing your LabGroup's work
In the Workspace toolbar, select the LabGroup records button. This filters your view to only display the Home folders of users who are members of your LabGroup, and the LabGroup shared folder. You have permissions to open and view these documents.
If you regularly want to view the Home folders of a subset of users, you can favorite folders using the checkbox:
And then use the toolbar's Favorites filter to view them.