Migrating Data from Community or Test Server to Enterprise
If your organisation has recently set up an RSpace Enterprise server, you might want to migrate your data from your old server (RSpace Community, or the test server you were using) to this new Enterprise server. This is a straightforward process.
Each user that wants to migrate their data will have to:
- Export all their data from the old server as an XML archive (see Exporting all of your work in Export options), which will enable them to download the XML archive to their computer
- Import the XML archive into their account on the new server (see Importing RSpace XML archives in Importing Content)
Please note that:
- Groups and sharing will need to be set up again (see LabGroups, Sharing Content)
- The user performing the import will automatically be assigned as the owner of the imported documents
- The document creation timestamps will be replaced by the import creation time
- Some document duplicaton might occur, if eg. a sharer and a sharee both import a shared document. You will need to delete copy and ensure that links to the deleted copy are updated
- If you wish to preserve a record of the original timestamps and owners, keep the XML archive, as it contains all of this metadata, or ask us to send you a copy of the audit logs or database dumps of the old server.
PIs can Export a LabGroup’s Work, but note that this will make the PI the owner of all the documents when the data is imported back into the new server. Only use this option if you do not care about preserving the ownership information, but wish to easily migrate all the work done.