Create a Sample
You will also be able to directly import a CSV of your samples into Inventory.
To create a sample:
- In the sidebar, click on Create > Sample. You can open the sidebar on mobile using the top-left menu icon.
- The right panel will open the sample creation wizard, which you can advance through by scrolling. Give your sample a name and pick a sample template, and optionally, add a preview image, an expiry date, and the source of the sample. You will able to create your own sample templates in the future.
- When you are done, click on Next, or simply scroll down to the next section.
- Fill in the relevant template fields, then click Next or scroll down. You can also add custom fields that are not part of the template, by scrolling to the bottom of the page (see Add a Custom Field to a Sample or Container).
- Specify the number of aliquots and the quantity per aliquot, and select a storage temperature. You can also add custom temperatures. Optionally, add a description and tags. When done, click on Save.
- You will get confirmation that your sample has been created.
- Click on Samples in the sidebar to view all your newly created samples.
You might want to place the sample into a container: to achieve this, see Move Samples and Containers.