As of version 1.81 RSpace enables integration with Dryad. The Dryad Digital Repository is a curated resource that makes research data discoverable, freely reusable, and citable. Dryad provides a general-purpose home for a wide diversity of data types. RSpace integrated with Dryad by allowing you to export data in RSpace into a Dryad dataset.
You must have a Dryad account and an ORCID Id in order to use the Dryad Integration
Enabling Dryad Integration
- If you don’t already have a Dryad account, create one at https://datadryad.org/stash/sessions/choose_login
- Go to the ‘Apps’ page on RSpace and click on the Dryad tile; a dialogue box like the one in the screenshot below will appear
- Click the ‘Enable’ button to allow Dryad integration with your account
- Click the ‘Connect’ button
- You will be taken to a Dryad login screen; Login to Dryad
- If successful you will be redirected to an RSpace success page as in the screenshot below
- If you refresh your ‘Apps’ page in RSpace and click on the Dryad tile a dialogue box will open, confirming your Dryad account is registered
Exporting Files to Dryad
Please note exports to Dryad create a new in-progress dataset with your RSpace export attached as a file.
Exporting RSpace files to Dryad is extremely easy with our Dryad integration:
- In the ‘Workspace’ select the file you wish to export
- Click on the ‘Export’ button that appears under the menu; a pop up window like the one in the screen shot below will appear
- Select a format and check the 'Export to a repository' option. Then, click 'NEXT'
- Fill out the required fields. These vary depending on the format you selected on the previous step. Then, click 'NEXT'
- Select ‘Dryad’ as the repository you wish to submit your export to and fill out the required fields. If the DMPTool Integration is enabled, you will be able to associate the export with a DMP you have imported, which will automatically add a link to the export in the "related works" section of the DMP. Once you are done, click 'EXPORT'.
- If successful you will receive a notification within RSpace containing a clickable link to the dataset in the repository (notifications can be accessed by clicking on the Globe icon in the menu bar)
Having trouble with getting the app to work? Check out the apps troubleshooting section.