Collaboration Groups enable collaboration between LabGroups. Two LabGroups create a new, hybrid group containing some or all the members of the original LabGroups. Additional LabGoups can be invited to join the group once it is created.
Apart from the initial setup, working in a Collaboration Group will feel exactly the same as working in regular LabGroup. There is Shared Folder for sharing into, and you can share with the whole group or individuals (see Sharing Content).
Requesting a Collaboration
- As a PI, you can request a Collaboration Group from two different locations:
- In My RSpace > My LabGroups, and click on Create Collaboration Group
- On the Workspace, click on Send a message
- Fill in the username of the PI you want to form the group with, make sure the request type is set to Create a Collaboration Group, add a message if desired, add a request expiry date if desired (if triggering the request from the Workspace), then click on Send. RSpace will create the Collaboration Group once the PI accepts your request, initially containing only yourself and the PI you invited.
Accepting a Collaboration
To accept a collaboration:
- Open your Received messages
- In the Set Request Status dropdown, select either Accepted or Rejected
- You can optionally add a message, then click Update & Reply to confirm. If you chose to accept the request, the Collaboration Group will be created, initially containing yourself and the PI who invited you.
Viewing and Inviting Users to a Collaboration Group
As a PI, you can view the group in My RSpace > My LabGroups. You might need to use Change Group to select the collaboration group:
Initially, the group only has the two PIs as members. Either PI can invite people from either LabGroup to join by clicking on Invite at the top of the members list.
The newly invited members can then access the group page at My RSpace > My Profile, under the LabGroups section.
Inviting a New LabGroup to a Collaboration Group
You can sent additional collaboration requests by choosing Invite a New PI on the collaboration group page: