Adding Anchor Links to Documents
Adding anchor links enables creation of bookmarks to a specific place in a document, so that you can jump from one place to another on a single document. This is useful if you want to create a table of contents, or want to improve navigation by linking to relevant sections when you mention them in the text.
Insert an anchor
- Place your cursor where you want the anchor to be inserted
- From the top menu, choose Insert > Anchor
- Give the anchor a name, and click Save
- You will see that your anchor has been added to the document as a bookmark icon
- Now, select a piece of text that you want to use to jump back to your anchor section. This can be anywhere in the same document.
- Click on Insert external link in the toolbar
- In the Anchors dropdown, select the anchor, then click on Save
- The text will change to a link. If you click on this link in view mode, you will jump to the location you placed the anchor at.