API Configuration and Setup
RSpace can be accessed through an API to create content, share it, search for it and export it. You can also create and edit forms.
To get set up to make an API call, a few conditions must be met:
- Your sysadmin has set the
api.availablesetting to true – this is the default value, so the API should be available unless your sysadmin has turned it off.
- You have set up an API key in your RSpace profile page. Your API key is confidential and should not be disclosed publicly, as it gives limited access to your account. You can revoke or regenerate your key at any time. All API requests require setting an HTTP header '
API usage limits
The rate of API calls you can make is currently limited, while we evaluate the performance impact of the API. The default rates are as follows:
Default Limits per user
- Maximum 15 requests per 15 seconds.
- Maximum 1000 requests per hour.
- Maximum 5000 requests per day.
Please allow at least 100ms between requests.
Default Global limits
- Maximum 75 requests per 15 seconds.
- Minimum interval of 25ms between requests
There is no default global limit on number of requests per day or per hour.
Setting custom usage limits:
You can set custom usage limits for your RSpace installation using the following deployment properties. Any properties not set will remain as defaults.
api.user.limit.dayMaximum requests per user per day
api.user.limit.hourMaximum requests per user per hour
api.user.limit.15sMaximum requests per user per 15s
api.user.minIntervalMinimum interval between requests
api.global.limit.dayMaximum total requests per day
api.global.limit.hourMaximum total requests per hour
api.global.limit.15sMaximum total requests per 15s
api.global.minIntervalMinimum interval between requests
If these limits are exceeded, you will receive a 429 TOO_MANY_REQUESTS error response.