Resetting a user's password (for System Admins)
The following information is only applicable to an Enterprise instance of RSpace.
Please follow the steps outlined below to reset a user's password as a system administrator:
- Go to the System page
- Click on Operate As
- A popup panel will appear. Fill in the name of the user you wish to impersonate, and select them from the dropdown options that appear.
- You can choose whether the user will receive an email informing them that you are impersonating them – the default is that the system will do so, to give the user a polite notification. If you wish to operate without the user knowing, check the checkbox for Operate incognito.
- Fill in your own sysadmin password, then click on Submit.
- The page will redirect to the user’s home page and you will see a grey notice at the top reminding you that you’re using someone else’s account.
- Go to My RSpace page
- Go to My Profile
- Click on Change Password
- Enter your own sysadmin password in place of the user's old password
- Fill in what you want the user's new password to be
- Click on Save.
- Click Release in the top bar to stop operating as that user
- Send the new password to the user in a secure manner.