You can now easily link to, or import content from, an ownCloud server.
If your organisation is using a custom variant of ownCloud (eg. SWITCHdrive or SURFdrive), the ownCloud integration will require additional configuration work; file linking will not work without the extra setup. Please arrange a discussion between the managers of the custom system and RSpace in order to properly set up the integration.
Connecting to ownCloud
- First, make sure ownCloud is enabled within the Apps section. If you can’t see this button then please ask your RSpace administrator if you would like this service enabled.
- Then click on the Connect button which send you across to ownClouds login system for you to validate your ownCloud account.
- After validation is complete you will be returned to RSpace and ready to insert items from your ownCloud into a document. Please note that if your organisation is using a custom variant of ownCloud, the integration will not work out-of-the-box (see the note at the top of this article).
Inserting an ownCloud file into a Document
- Click on the Insert from ownCloud button within the editor.
- After choosing this option and authenticating, you can insert one or more links to files or folders.
- You should now see your ownCloud file attached to your RSpace document.
- If you then want to review the item, clicking on it within the RSpace document will open up the ownCloud file location within a new tab. If you have since logged out from ownCloud, you will be asked to login first before you can see the file.