Add a Custom Field to a Sample or Container 🧪
Inventory Beta is available to all existing and new Team and Enterprise customers, and will be available to Community users in the near future. Learn more at the RSpace Inventory Hub.
You might need to add additional information to a sample or container that is not available as a template field.
To add a custom field:
- View the sample or container in edit mode. You can also add a custom field during the creation process.
- Scroll to the bottom of the More Fields section and click on Add new field.
- Give the field a name and a choose a type of field, then click on Apply.
- The new field will be added, and you can input a value directly. You can also use the icons at the top-right of the field to delete the field, or change the name or type of it. Note that you won't be able to change the type of a field once you've saved.
- Scroll down and click on Save.
- Your sample or container is now updated with a new custom field.