Click on a question below to open its answer. If you have a question you don’t see answered here, please get in touch through Intercom ("Chat with us" option in the help menu), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use the "Need Help?" button on the bottom-right of an RSpace window to access:
- New User Tutorials, a list of step-by-step tutorials on basic RSpace features:
- Chat with us to message us directly
- Check out the Getting Started article
- Watch an introductory video: [Video] Getting started with RSpace for Researchers
Community & Enterprise
What is the difference between RSpace Community and RSpace Enterprise?
What are RSpace servers/instances?
These instances are unable to communicate with each other, so make sure you are logging onto the right instance to form groups and share documents!
How do I sign up to RSpace Community?
What are the cost, data storage, export and institutional file store linking options of RSpace Enterprise?
I forgot my password, how can I reset it?
If you’ve forgotten your email as well, or entered an incorrect email address into your RSpace account, then please contact us or your RSpace administrator, who will be able to reset your email details.
How can I change my email and or password?
Can I change my username?
However, if you accidentally create an account with a misspelt or erroneous username, the account can easily be deleted and a new one created with the correct username. Just ask your sysadmin (or contact us if you’re using RSpace Community).
Can I create an account using the same email address?
I signed up using Google, but cannot login using the standard RSpace login?
How do I create a document?
Do you support chemical structure import and editing?
Can I add comments to documents?
Why does my text look double-spaced?
Pasting screenshots into a document is not working?
Icons in the document editor are not working?
How do I add a published form to my Create menu?
What is the Lucene query syntax?
What’s the difference between a notebook and a folder?
Notebooks in RSpace are simplified folders that can only contain documents, not subfolders. You can share notebooks with other people, unlike folders. ‘Notebook view’ (accessible by clicking on the ‘Notebook’ icon in Workspace) facilitates easy navigation between sequential documents.
See Notebooks, Sharing Folder or Gallery Contents, Sharing Content.
How can I backup or export my documents from RSpace?
Can I migrate my work between different RSpace instances?
I just deleted a document by accident, how can I get it back?
I accidentally deleted some content, can I restore a previous revision?
How do I view previous versions of a document?
How can I automatically import images from my microscope server into RSpace?
How can I edit and update linked files in RSpace documents?
1. Firstly open the document containing the attachment in ‘Edit’ mode
2. Then double-click on the link to the attachment to reveal the ‘Get Info’ button
3. Click on the ‘Get Info’ button and then the ‘Replace’ button
4. Select the file you wish to replace the currently linked file with.
How can I create a group?
What’s the difference between a collaboration group and a lab group?
If I’m in a collaboration group, can the other PI see my work?
How do I invite new people to join a group?
How can I remove myself from a group?
Can I belong to multiple groups?
I’m a PI and I’d like to see documents that users in my lab have added recently, how do I do this?
How do I share my work with other people?
How do I share work with people who aren’t RSpace users?
1. Export the desired file to HTML or PDF, and send it your collaborators via email or other preferred file sharing method. See Export Options and Export Formats.
2. Publish PDF documents within RSpace and share URL. To do this, select a file in the PDF section of the Gallery, and click ‘Publish’. This generates a secure public URL that you can share. Additional authentication is not necessary for RSpace Community users, but Enterprise customers may need to authenticate further if the RSpace server is behind a firewall. See Publishing PDFs & .DOC exports.
3. Export the desired file to any of the repositories supported by RSpace (Dataverse, Figshare etc) by selecting ‘Export’ and then the ‘Repository’ option. See Dataverse Integration, Figshare Integration.
How do I delete or rename a folder inside a shared LabGroup folder?
How do I add Word/PDF/other files to a shared folder?
How do I stop sharing a document with someone?
Who else can see my work?
I can't see my share or messaging buttons.
Can we integrate Box/Dropbox/GoogleDocs/OneDrive content into RSpace?
Note that in order to use these integrations, you must first enable them in the Apps panel (see Apps Introduction, or Introduction to configuring RSpace Apps for system administrators of Enterprise servers).
An integration doesn't seem to be working!
If the integration is enabled but still does not work, then something's wrong, please contact us with details!
Privacy & Security
How do I know my work is secure?
Who else can see my work?
Is RSpace 21CFR11 compliant?
- Data is true and accurate record of your work.
- Ability to create accurate copies and human readable exports for inspection.
- Limited, secure, role-based access by authorized individuals only.
- Secure audit trail that records all user actions with computer generated timestamps.
- All changes are visible, older versions remain available for inspection.
- All records remain available in the system for the period of the study (i.e. permanently for most academic labs).
- Training in proper use of the system is available and completed by all users.
- Digital signatures can be used to lock documents and signatures cannot be separated from the data they safeguard.
- Proper password management procedures, system security and access / activity logging are all part of the system.
For the highest level of compliance, you lab procedures will need to be professionally validated in-situ by qualified specialists. ResearchSpace can assist you with every step of this process. For more information about 21CFR11 compliance see: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/default.htm
Where is my data stored?
RSpace Enterprise customers choose whether RSpace is installed on premises, in a private cloud, or in a public cloud in a location of their choice. The data their users enter into RSpace is therefore stored in the country or region in which they are located (see RSpace Enterprise FAQ). RSpace Community is deployed on an AWS server in Ireland.